Tuesday, April 24, 2012

conclusion


Conclusion 
By Trent Ringle

For my conclusion of this class, I think this was one of the more interesting classes I have taken here at BGSU. I am not a Sports Management Major; I am studying Telecommunication and am only taking this class because I chose to do a support field in SM. I have never taken a class where we were asked to do a blog page and interact with a group. I thought this was a very good way to interact with my fellow classmates and gain knowledge of how other acknowledge material. When commenting on the blogs as a whole I thought they were a very good idea, however I felt the way we set them up and had to keep up to date with them could have been done differently. 

The subject of sports and gender has never really been anything I would pay attention to when thinking of men and women’s sports. In high school sure I paid attention to women’s athletics and would go and support my fellow classmates. However, now in college it is not really something I watch had it not been for this class I would have never cared to watch the women’s NCAA Final Four. Being a male, I want to watch Football, basketball, and baseball games. After taking this class, I understand that women’s athletics can be just as interesting and entertaining as men’s sports. 

As a final comment on the presentation being the first group to go I felt we did a very good job and set the bar for the other groups to go off of. After seeing six other groups go, I really enjoyed see what topics they decided to do their presentation on. I think all of the groups have done a good job on their research and have presented very well. Lastly, I believe the feedback about the blogs that each group has given should really help in structuring them for next semester’s class. The blogs are a great idea and should defiantly be kept in the curriculum.   

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I thought all the groups did a great job with their presentations. It is not easy to get up in front of a group of peers and talk about subjects where they may differ in opinion. I enjoyed the presentations and think they should continue on in the future. As for the blogs, I also agree they are a great way to communicate but I think they should be altered just a bit. I know I struggled to get comments and blog entries done due to school and work. I coach varsity baseball and have to drive over 60 miles a day to fulfill my duties which made it difficult to maintain all my posts.
    Comment by Jared King.

    ReplyDelete